I do not consider myself a good cook but my hubby says I am. I have never tried cooking stir fry bamboo shoots so this was my first. Fortunately, it turned out good. At least, that is what my hubby says. My hubby encouraged me to cook stir fry bamboo shoots after he tried it at lunch at my friend’s place. The missing ingredient in my version was shrimp because, at that time, I did not have some available in my fridge. I was using fresh bamboo shoots.
Below you can find the ingredients and procedure of my own version of Stir Fry Bamboo Shoots.
- 2 to 2½ cups bamboo shoots thinly sliced
- ¼ lb pork, thinly sliced
- ⅛ lb pieces shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup pork broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the bamboo shoots until they soften and then strain.
- In a separate frying pan, saute garlic and onions.
- Add pork then cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in pork broth and let boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pork is half done.
- Add shrimps and bamboo shoots.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.